Elecro Nano koi pond heater
The Elecro Nano koi pond heater is manufactured from top quality components and materials.
Construction of Elecro Nano koi pond heater consists of a flow tube which is fitted with Inlet and Outlet mouldings manufactured from specially formulated polymer alloy material. The outlet moulding accommodates a reversible flow switch with a gold tipped ree
Duratech Dura+ Plus 10 Heat PumpIntroducing the New Duratech Dura+ Plus 10 Heat Pump range of high quality, high specification, heat pumps. Duratech Dura+ Plus 10 Heat Pumps can save you up to 80% in operating costs.We have 9 Duratech Dura+ Plus Heat Pumps running at our facility, please call for more information or why not call in and see them working on our own ponds.Highly efficient a
The Elecro 900 EVO TiTANIUM Aquatic Pond Heater has a Titanium Element ensuring its suitability for use on most Aquatic Systems.
The decision to produce a Titanium element heater was made for a number of reasons. With outstanding resistance to fatigue and erosion, Titanium has a low density, excellent strength and has super corrosion resistance. It is considered to be physiologically
The Filter Tech Digi Stat Controller is designed to give automatic temperature control for Koi ponds. Operating in the range of 5° to 30°C this highly accurate stat will hold the water temperature within ± 0.1°C. The unit is programmed with an automatic temperature gradient control which eliminates temperature shock for the fish when changing settings.
The Filter Tec
Heating a Koi Pond
There is much debate as to whether Koi hibernate in the winter. There are those that would have you believe that this is a natural state and quite healthy for your fish, while others would say this causes undo stress.
Regardless of which side of the fence you are on, there are some important facts to consider.
- When Koi ponds ice over, harmful gasses from decaying plants, algae and fish waste cannot dissipate.
- Heating a Koi pond helps greatly reduce stress on your stock.
- Providing heat will assist your Koi's immune system.
- Your biological filtration will continue and avoid a start-up in the spring.
- You can continue the feeding of your Koi to maintain good nutrition.
- You can protect your investment, by minimizing loss.
With these points in mind, now comes the task of choosing the method of heating that best suits your needs.
In this section we have a variety of Koi Pond heaters and thermometers for your selection, and of course should you have any questions, feel free to contact us for help.
Winter in the UK and Europe can be very long and harsh for our Koi, an increasing number of Koi keepers are heating their ponds for the following reasons:
- Very low temperatures are avoided - causing less stress and associated health problems - Temperature fluctuations are avoided once again causing less stress to your Koi
- Koi emerge from the long winter into spring considerably stronger and reducing mortality rates at this time of year when they most often occur
- Your Koi's immune system is not suppressed
- Biological filter systems remain active throughout the winter months avoiding the long start up process in the spring.
- Last but not least heating your pond allows the Koi keeper to enjoy their hobby throughout the winter months
Why heat you koi pond ?
Well for a start we have been able to feed our Koi for the whole twelve months of the year so they are getting the full nourishment they require to keep them in good condition and they are now growing twelve months a year, not just through the summer months. The risk of losing our Koi has been dramatically reduced because we have been able to maintain a temperature acceptable to them, lets face it with the cost of our Koi increasing as it is doing, it would only take the loss of just a single good Koi to far outweigh the cost of heating the pond, in fact in many cases it would be considerably less to heat rather than to suffer continued losses of good Koi through the winter months due to the severe cold temperatures of the water. Because we have been able to continue feeding we still have mature biological filtration, we don't have to go through the process of 'Starting Up' our systems at the beginning of each season.
Learn how to heat a koi pond with the very best products designed especially for the Koi pond to have full control of the pond environment.